These resources relate to Safe Church policy, procedure and practice and include downloadable documents for use within congregations and organisations. Additional contacts and services for those seeking help with Safe Church related issues are also linked from this page. The PCV Safe Church Youtube Channel also hosts Basic Training videos, the Online Refresher Course video and Safe Church Representative Help videos.
The following resources are available:
Safe Church PCV Material
- Safe Church Policy
- Safe Church Code of Conduct
- Child Protection Obligations
- Safe Church Policy, Procedure and Practice Manual
- Safe Church Basic Training Reference Handbook
- Safe Church Refresher Course - Offline version
- Supply Preachers - Safe Church Requirements
- Facility Hire Advice for Sessions and Presbyteries
- What is 'Legal Duty of Care'?
- Safe Church Policy (numbered version - provided for ease of reference only)
Government Compliance Information
Working With Children Check legislation:
- To see the PCV Working With Children Check information go here
- To check if an individual's Working With Children Check is valid go here
'Betrayal of Trust' Laws
All PCV personnel aged 18 and over must familiarise themselves and act in accordance with these laws.
The Victorian Child Safe Standards
From 1 January 2017 all organisations in Victoria that work with children must comply with the Victorian Child Safe Standards.
The Victorian Reportable Conduct Scheme
From 1 January 2018 the PCV must comply with the Victorian Reportable Conduct Scheme.
Additional Information and Help
- Safe Church Definitions
- Guidelines for handling disclosure of child sexual abuse
- What stops people from disclosing?
- Seeking Help - helpful links for various issues
- Information about Bullying
- For people struggling with pornography
Additional Resources - Children & Youth
- Our Christian Culture of Safeguarding Children
- Telling our children
- Online Safety for children and teens
- Cyberbullying - information for parents and children
- How we behave at Church - for Children - poster
- What is bullying? - poster
- Who can I talk to? - poster
- Social Media usage guidelines
- Your Digital Reputation
- Toileting Children Protocol Advice
- Wise Ministry Practices for Working With Children
- Driving in Ministry to Children and Youth
- The Value of Good Communication
- Visibility in location in ministry
- Physical Contact
- Duty of Care
- Preventing bullying at Kids Church
- Creche Guidelines